With endless choices of scrapbook paper the sky’s the limit for
adding decoupage pumpkins to your vignettes.
These are the basic supplies you will need to decoupage pumpkins.
Supplies for this project:
1. Two pie pumpkins
2. Four sheets of scrap book paper
3. One jar of Mod Podge
4. Parchment paper
5. Glitter glue
7. Two small burlap flowers
9. Measuring tape
Directions for this project:
Approximate time to complete this project is 45 minutes per
pumpkin with a drying time of 45 per pumpkin before moving.
Place on parchment to dry-this way the decoupage strips will not
stick to drying surface.
1. Measure and cut scrap book paper into 1″ x 7 3/4″ strips.
2. You will need approximately 16 strips per pumpkin-this may vary according to the size of your pumpkin.
3. Apply mod podge to pumpkin with paint brush-or fingers.
4. Apply the strips of scrap book paper and work out all bubbles and bumps so strips lie flat.
5. Continue applying mod podge and working strips into place until you are pleased with the project.
6. Option-apply glitter glue.
7. Place on parchment paper to dry for 45 minutes.
8. When pumpkins are completely dry add twine and burlap flowers to pumpkin stem.
9. Place decorated pumpkins on a terracotta saucer.
Everyone needs a little inspiration and mine was Lemony Snicket.
A Series of Unfortunate Events.
I remember my girls enjoying this series, so I just sort of went with
that whimsical theme!
This project is all about fun-so if the strips are not even, there are
a few bubbles and bumps, just forget about it and enjoy the fact
that some projects are all about enjoying them!
This is day three in decorating with pumpkins, please join me on
Thursday for more ideas!
Please Join Me At These Lovely Parties: