Well it was a couple of weeks ago I guess, when several of us regional bloggers met up with one of our sweet blogging friends Jeanie From The Marmelade Gypsy. You might just know her, but if not you could always pop on by.
We all shared some Valentine Treats along with some good conversation, a tasty lunch and we topped it off with some shopping at Home Goods.
“I cook with wine. Sometimes I even add it to the food.” -W.C. Fields
In anticipation of this gathering I made some Meyer Lemon Cookies. I purchased a few decorative Valentine bags and gifted six cookies to these five great gals.
I seriously would have been thrilled to give them more, but they are all watching their calories and I didn’t want to be the one to ruin their diets!
“I have made a lot of mistakes falling in love, and regretted most of them, but never the potatoes that went with them.” ― Nora Ephron
I have tweaked this recipe a little bit here and there to make it my own but if you would like to refer to the original you can find it at FoodFanatic.
I must make a suggestion about this recipe and if you are a lemon nut like myself you must add more lemon zest to get the true infusion of lemon.
“All you need is love. But a little chocolate now and then doesn’t hurt.” ― Charles M. Schulz
Oh, just one more thing, did I mention that the Cookie dough was over the top delicious??
Well it was, I stood over my mixer with a fresh spoon( I DO NOT double dip) and went to heaven and back in a millisecond .
So here is the recipe and enjoy!
Meyer Lemon Friendship Cookies
- 2 3/4 cups sifted all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butter softened at room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 large egg room temperature
- 1 teaspoon good vanilla
- zest of 6 meyer lemons
- 4 tablespoons meyer lemon juice
- 1/2 cup sweetened toasted shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup sugar for rolling cookie dough
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spread shredded coconut on a small cookie sheet. Bake, stirring occasionally,until just beginning to brown. Remove from oven and cool.
- Directions For Meyer Lemon Friendship Cookies
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray cookie sheet with Bakers Joy.
2.In a medium bowl, sift together the flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
3. Using an electric mixer, cream together the butter and sugar until light and very fluffy; about 4 minutes.
4. Beat in egg, vanilla. Meyer Lemon zest and juice.
5. Slowly incorporate the dry ingredients and toasted coconut into the butter and sugar mixture.
6. Roll rounded tablespoons of dough into balls and roll in sugar. Place on prepared cookie sheet about 1 1/2 inches apart.
7. Bake in preheated oven for 8-10 minutes, or until very lightly browned.
8.Allow cookies to cool on cookie sheet for a few minutes before removing to cool on wire racks.
“One cannot think well, love well, sleep well, if one has not dined well.” -Virginia Woolf
Thank you for joining me!