Good Wednesday Morning and also welcome to 10 on the Tenth, we are so glad you are joining us! Our group of friendly bloggers all put on our thinking caps and came up with a plan to share some Valentine ideas with you. To make it even better our plan was to come up with some thrifty ideas which are all under ten dollars. Today I am sharing my DIY Valentine Rag Wreath, fresh off the crafting table!
You will also find the links to these other friendly bloggers at the end of this post.
A DIY Valentine rag wreath is an economical way to add festive charm to any of your décor during your Valentine festivities. One of the things that I love about this wreath is that every single item I had in my craft room. Not one trip was made to the store to purchase any of the items needed. In fact, I even made my own wreath form. Easy peasy is the name of the game with this DIY Valentine rag Wreath!
SUPPLIES FOR DIY VALENTINE RAG WREATH
- Thick craft wire or a coat hanger cut and shaped into a 12×12″ heart form.
- Wire cutters.
- Pinking shears.
- Assorted Fabric
- (250) 1 1/2″ x 7″ strips of fabric.
- All Purpose spray adhesive.
- Valentine ribbon.
One of the nifty things about making a Valentine rag wreath is the versatility of the wreath and the choices of fabric. Did you know that even if you don’t have fabric you could use old dishtowels, pillow cases, sheets or blankets and simply cut them into strips too.
DIRECTIONS FOR MAKING A DIY VALENTINE RAG WREATH
- Make wire heart form using wire or coat hanger to measure 12×12″.
- Roughly measure and cut assorted fabric into 1 1/2 x 7″ strips using pinking shears (250 strips)
- Tie strips of Fabric onto wire heart form, pushing the strips close together.
- When the wire form is completely filled with strips, spray with adhesive glue add glitter and Valentine ribbon.
Total time for this fun, easy, and economical Valentine rag wreath was about 3 hours. Such a great project to do on a Winter Day!
Thank you so much for dropping by and I hope that you’ll give this fun Valentine wreath a whirl.
Please join my other blogging friends as they share their creations and fabulous finds with you too!