I think we can all agree that we are all ready for Spring. When I think of Spring I think of fresh everything! So today I am sharing my perfect Guacamole dip with you. There are many vegetables in season right now and the wonderful Avocado is one of them. The Avocado is the darling of the produce section, packed with nearly 20 vitamins and minerals.
Did you know that avocados are low in sugar. How can something so tasty be so good for you. Oh and they also contain fiber, which keeps our tummies from feeling so hungry. By adding just a half of a fresh avocado to our lunch we might just feel a fuller and eat less…woohoo! I am all about that, aren’t you?
And then there are all of these other wonderful ingredients too.
We have homemade guacamole about twice a month and we often times forgo the chips and just add it to our salad. So much less guilt that way…
I also wanted to share this recipe with you just in case you are hosting an Oscar party. If you are you might enjoy my Entertaining Board on Pinterest too.
How about using an Avocado as part of your marriage proposal? Millennials are!
- 3-4 ripe Hass Avocados
- 1 medium ripe lime (juiced)
- Dash of sea salt
- Dash of pepper
- 1/8 tsp. hot pepper flakes (optional)
- 1/2 tsp. cumin
- 1/2 sweet Vidalia onion finely chopped
- 1 seeded jalapeno pepper finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1-2 tablespoons fresh cilantro chopped
- 2 ripe globe tomatoes
- Take a large bowl and scoop out the ripe avocados using a spoon and add 1 tablespoon lime juice. Using a fork roughly chop and toss to coat. Add the salt, pepper, pepper flakes, and cumin and toss again. Fold in the onions, tomatoes, cilantro and garlic. Let sit at room temperature for a couple of hours before serving. This way the guacamole has the chance to really get tasty! Serve with your favorite chips or add to your favorite Mexican side dishes.
In an effort not to let anything go to waste let’s plant an avocado seed and grow our own avocado tree!
Seriously it is possible.
Only about a million years ago when we lived on the island of Oahu in Hawaii I followed the steps below and grew my own Avocado Tree that actually produced Avocados! You can imagine what a thrill that was for me. I have since grown them inside and even though they don’t produce or grow as big as the one in Hawaii, they are still a fun and cute little plant to grow and kids love watching the process too.
Thank you for joining me today and happy pre-Spring!