Hello Dear friends and thank you for the cheery welcome home wishes from Puerto Rico. I arrived home on Tuesday and traveled to another daughter’s home on Saturday. Traveling to spend time with family is one of my favorite things to do. I love that one on one time with my family; it gives me and them the opportunity to really get to know one another. Amazingly enough they haven’t booted me out early either...yet!
I returned from both of my visits INSPIRED! My girls inspire me to be a better human being and woman, they are role models for me. Their passions and focus on living life intentionally remind me to do the same. Our seasons of life are diversified, but nevertheless similar. So with that in mind I have turned a corner in my life where my internal being is craving to collect experiences-not things. My goal is to use those experiences to recharge my mind, body and spirit and in turn use all of that to grow, create and serve.
I’ve sort of waffled back in forth in life when I became a empty nester. Not really knowing how to cultivate my time in a rewarding way. Seems as though I was stuck in the muddle of life; sort of like an old truck that sinks down in a pothole and doesn’t’ have enough gas to reve up it’s motor. It’s time to let go of the “what if’s-could have’s-I wish and why’s.” I am really honing in on this concept and I am sharing my simple list of some tools that are working for me.
- Keep a routine everyday (make the bed, water the plants, feed yourself and the dog) you get the idea.
- Keep social media to a minimum (you don’t need me or anyone else telling you how to live your life) if someone inspires you well then read their blog or FB or Instagram post. If not hit unfollow and move on. What works for me may not resonate with you.
- Make a list for each day on what you are going to accomplish-it really does keep us on track.
- Exercise daily. It clears the mind, is good for that old ticker and stimulates the mind.
- Smile-smiling makes you feel better if when you are down.
- Take time for YOU.
So in a nut shell this is my life and I am going to make the most of it. I am going to rock the sixties and beyond. I am not that old truck that is stuck in the mud, I am an empowered woman who is going to forge the bumpy path of the next season of life with a grateful heart and fire under her belt! Oh goodness, I might even turn out to be a real pain!
Thank you daughter’s and grandchildren for loving me, inspiring me and encouraging me to be all that I can be in the next Season of Life.
I love you all!