Happy Valentine’s Day to one and all and I hope that true love finds you wherever you happen to be! Today on At Home With Jemma we will be making an Easy Homemade Chocolate Valentine Tart. I sure hope that you decide to make this yummy chocolate dessert recipe too, because I don’t want you to miss out on one incredible nibble of this tasty treat!
I chose this easy chocolate tart recipe because it is from the one and only Pioneer Woman. You know her… We all love her…her family, her style, her food and her cookware. Ann Marie “Ree” Drummond has given us the gift of practical, tasty and good food, that we can actually make!
Because it is Valentine’s Day I thought that while I am sharing this wonderful chocolate dessert recipe, I’ll also share a few handmade Valentine decorations that I made to decorate our “new,” “old” Colorado home. No one can have too many hearts on the day of love…
I have always been intimidated by the notion of making Ganache. It sounds so fancy and after all it is French…”Ganache (/ɡəˈnɑːʃ/; French: [ganaʃ]) is a glaze, icing, sauce, or filling for pastries made from chocolate and cream.”
But today was the day that I took a big leap of faith and I made Chocolate Ganache. I grabbed my apron, pulled out my copper pot, heavy cream, and chocolate and gave myself a pep talk. I said “Lady youare going to make Ganache!”
Guess what, it really wasn’t difficult. I even feel sort of foolish for making such a big deal out of making it. So, once again friends, if I can make Ganache you can too. I decided to tweak the recipe a little because I wanted super simple and it worked!
Ingredients For Easy Chocolate Tart
Crust- One bag of Oreos and One stick of melted butter
Ganache- One and one half cups of heavy cream or whipping cream, three tablespoons of butter, 12 ounces of dark chocolate chips, 12 ounces of milk chocolate chips.
Shaved White Chocolate Garnish – Four ounces of white chocolate, 2 teaspoons coconut oil.
Come on Friends, Let’s Make This Chocolate Tart Now!
Recipe For Chocolate Valentine Tart
- Crust: Add the cookies to a food processor and pulse to fine crumbs. Add melted butter and pulse together. Since I don’t have a food processor I used a gallon size plastic ziploc bag put all the cookies in the bag and using a rolling pin crushed cookies until fine, I poured the melted butter in to the bag and mixed it all together.
- Pour into an 11-inch fluted tart pan with a removable bottom or a Spring Foam pan and press the mixture in with a 1/4-cup measure to form an even crust on the bottom and sides. Put it in the freezer for 15 minutes to set.
- Ganache: Put the cream and butter in a pan and heat over medium until the mixture starts to bubble, stirring occasionally. Place the dark and milk chocolate chips in a large bowl and pour the warmed cream and butter over it. Whisk everything together until melted and fully combined, then pour it into the chilled tart base. Refrigerate the tart a minimum of 8 hours or overnight.
Directions For Shaved White Chocolate and Curls
- Shaved White Chocolate- Place chocolate and coconut oil in a microwavable bowl and heat on high for one minute and 30 seconds. Remove bowl from microwave and stir. (be careful that bowl is not hot.) Put back in microwave for 30 more seconds. Pour the melted mixture onto a buttered underside of a clean baking sheet and spread it in a very thin layer with an offset spatula or knife. Put it in the freezer until set, about 2 minutes. (To check if it is set, press it with your fingertip; it should leave the slightest mark but not a depression.)
- Using a sharp-edged spatula, scrape the chocolate from the bottom of the baking sheet into curls or shavings. Remove the tart from the pan and decorate.
Happy Love Day to YOU!
You might enjoy these other sweet treats too.